Day 14

Daily hours: 4

Total hours: 76

Last day! I started off by reading more of Winter Counts and messaged Mel my thoughts on it as an option for Cultre and Conflict. There is a section in the start of the book that references Zuya which I read this year in C&C. Crazy connections! I also showed Heidi the analysis I did on the source book that is currently being used in US History. She scanned it and added it to a shared google drive that Lori, Heidi, and I work in. Shortly after advisory I met with Lori in the library. I walked her through the things she could work on and the future plans for the NA collection. I am looking forward to seeing the future of this collection! I ran into Jill Jones Grotnes at lunch and she said we should meet about my textiles major. We went over the grading for my embroidery and then she asked for a tour of the collection. I showed her around the display and the back shelves of the library. She asked how she could implement some things into her art courses. I showed her the art shelf and pulled a couple weaving, beadwork, and basket making books. She is hoping to learn how to bead from Patty Pond on the Rosebud Summer Service Trip. Mel and Ellie were also in the library working with the ninth graders and Shuana grabbed a book called Killer Moon that I send Ellie a movie trailer for. The film is getting great reviews from Native and white people alike and should come out in October. They are interested in watching it in C&C and so I am going to skim the book tonight to see if it is a good option for the class. 




Comments

Popular Posts