Day 8

 Daily hours: 7

Total hours: 54 1/2 

The morning today was a little slow so I started reading An Afro-Indigenous History of the United States which is one of my personal books. I picked it up at a bookstore and I am reading it to see if it would be a good fit for any of the teachers I have talked to so far. I am enjoying the book and it points out some critiques of An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States. I like that the author has a personal narrative voice throughout the writing so that it feels more engaging to a layman audience. After reading for a while Lori came into the library to get an update on the status of the collection. We talked about the next steps and how to get more teachers to come talk about their curriculums with me. 

Later in the day, I picked up a package for Heidi that had a variety of colored masking tape inside. I will use this tape on all the books in the collection so that when they get cataloged it is simple to see which categories each book goes into. This tape is especially helpful for books that overlap in categories. For example, there is an autobiography about Wilma Mankiller in the collection and it fits into the categories of famous figures, primary sources, and also gender. I will mark this book with all the colors of tape applicable, which each correspond to a unique category, so that when it goes to be cataloged it is an easy process for Rosanna. I started going through each category and marking the books. This process will take some time and it is what I am planning on doing for the majority of the day tomorrow. I am hoping that I can get most of it done this week so that once I graduate all that has to be done is cataloging. Hopefully, Pete Southworth will also come in so that we can have a conversation about There There which is the NA book taught in English 10. Overall today was a little slow but it marks the start of a new time-consuming process for me to work on. 

Comments

Popular Posts